EfEightyM3
Banned
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jai 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russkey View Post
Anyone here actually owns a Cayenne Turbo 2012+? Let's hear your opinions and not people who hate cayenne simply because it's pricey and a little slower! Porsche owners rarely talk about BMW. It's not the case with BMW owners
I sold my 2012 Cayenne turbo a few months ago as it ran out of warranty. I don't have experience with the new X5M but the turbo was more confidence inspiring than the last X5M that I drove.

Also another important factor that most people don't consider is the off road ability. Cayennes are very capable in the sand, and most people here in UAE who buy SUV's (including myself) prefer to take them off road, and taking an X5 or X6 for dune bashing is simply asking for trouble. In fact all the other cars in that comparison test (LRRRSSVR, GLE and Cayenne) are better off roaders than the X5/6.

I personally wouldn't buy one because I don't believe in "SUVs" that are never meant to leave the road. There are better purpose built sports cars for that. Maybe the American perspective on things is different. Just my two cents.
Very true. Cayenne offers off-road as well as crazy speed and handling and the Cayenne and Range are less sport oriented than the current generation of the x5/6m so that does factor in. Partly why the ride in the new x5/6m are pretty bad comparably. No chance an x5/6 could do what the do off road by any means.
Again, the cayenne turbo S embarrasses an x6m on the ring and there was something very off with the performance of the turbo S in this test. Just compare to the car and driver test they did on the turbo S. It nearly matches the x6m in a straight line despite that the x6m is far underrated.
Maybe we will see more tests but all signs point to point to the ages cayenne still being the best based on what it can do on road and on track and off-road. That's usually how it's been. Bmw comes out with the new x5/6m when the cayenne is at the end of its generation and the cayenne still has the best performance.

I also did hear the new cayenne will be here in 2017.

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...-s-test-review

Test of the 2014 Cayenne Turbo S (550 hp).

Zero to 60 mph: 4.1 sec
Zero to 100 mph: 9.6 sec
Zero to 150 mph: 25.7 sec
Rolling start, 5-60 mph: 4.9 sec
Top gear, 30-50 mph: 2.6 sec
Top gear, 50-70 mph: 3.0 sec
Standing ¼-mile: 12.5 sec @ 113 mph

The new one is NOT slower and likely traps 114/115 so something def up with those numbers. Anyone who believes differently is severely mistaken.

Last edited by EfEightyM3; 12-25-2015 at 11:05 AM..
Appreciate 0