View Single Post
      01-24-2015, 11:26 PM   #16
Doanster
Major
Rep
Drives: 2014 F15 Carbon Black M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by opasha View Post
I'll ask. What method is best? I'm sure he can make smoked, but can you link me an example picture so I can show him. Thanks .

Also, the price for painted reflectors will be $50 for a set once he starts making them. I'll post more info as his progress moves forward.
Stock method is best. I was just asking the question as to how the stock ones are fastened. Per Ben's response, sounds like it's with tape and natural compression from the liner/bracket.

Painting stock markers are one thing, but having clear or smoked ones manufactured would be a bigger undertaking, so if he's done this before for other cars, I assume he has a connection w/ a factory that can duplicate stock pieces, only using clear or smoked plastic instead of amber?

Here's a pic of smoked markers on my C300. Depo serves much of the aftermarket wrt headlights, markers, etc. I'm just as surprised as everyone else here that they haven't come out with F15 products yet.

I received a pair of the stock ambers markers in the mail on Friday. I'll probably use window tint on them first to see how they look. Can take it off and then paint if I don't like how they look.
Appreciate 0