Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW X5 xdrive50i

Garage List
2016 BMW X5 50i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flytem3 View Post
I failed the consumption test back in Oct with 113k on my 2016 X5 50i. Unfortunately I didn’t learn about the settlement agreement until just before that time (my Indy shop informed me after I spend a good bit $ changing out the crankcase hoses). I had been adding oil well before that…not sure when it would have officially failed but certainly at a point where mileage would have been much lower….and lower mileage = lower out of pocket $ for engine replacement. Anyway, what’s done is done and the X5 is currently at Rockville BMW having the engine replaced. My contribution will be $11650 (75%). Not happy but I exhausted all other options, including contacting BMW NA on several occasions…..no customer loyalty provisions whatsoever. This is my 6th BMW and perhaps my last one. Engine replacement at 114K and owner responsible for 75% is unacceptable. Anyway, wanted to post on this old threat (surprised not more here) in the event I can be of assistance to anyone else in this situation.
Why replace the engine - did it fail completely? I just bring some extra oil with me and top off as needed…
Appreciate 0