First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i M

Garage List
2019 BMW X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 42pilot View Post
Dinan doesn't make a chip for the 3L diesel - yet. I had their tune in my 550i.

RC makes a good product - I still have mine installed and it does what I want it to do. I tested something like 25 combinations of the settings. The setting I settled on provides torque from idle to about 2500 rpm, along with additional fueling up to about 3500 rpm. That's where I drive it 99.9% of the time. I don't drag race, I've used the paddle shifters probably twice, but use Sport a lot in city traffic to get away from the insanity of Atlanta drivers - thereby creating my own insanity. My average mpg is 28.8 city/country roads (the majority of my driving), 34.2 on highway, and 27-ish with a bike on the roof (yikes) at 75 mph.
42 Pilot you must have a much lighter foot than me. I am not getting gas mileage close to that. I do almost all city driving and I am averaging about 21 mpg - and that is Eco Pro mode primarily. Sport mode drops the city driving to 18. How can I get better mpg? I put the Racechip on E2 and installed right away. I never broke the engine in first as I did not believe that would matter. Any thoughts would be appreciated.