02-14-2017, 03:08 AM   #3
GeeRam
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X5 40d SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by okkin View Post
Ok guys here we go. First official BimmerPost! I have read everything on here pertaining to the X5. and I really appreciate your advice. Long story short. New X5 Build xDrive 35i (haven't ordered yet though) Want the X5 to corner as flat as possible. I tend to really drive my vehicles hard and so does my wife. This will be her new daily. (other fun car is the Porsche GT4 and coming to the dark side with BMW . I plan on modding this X5 carbon, exhaust, tune etc... Going with the M Package 20" Wheels for now, but potentially considering the 22" wheels because the 20" just look a little small..not too sure yet.

What do I order you think?

Option 1: Stock Suspension (no M suspension add $900, no DHP) I tear it all out and go with full KW V3 Coilovers which would potentially give both a better stance and handling i presume?

Option 2: Go with the M Suspension add ($900) and go with something like H&R Springs and drop the DHP.

Option 3: Go with the M Suspension ($900) along the DHP (dealer thinks I am crazy for wanting this combo, but he is not the one driving it..... but then I would have to keep the stock ride height?

22" firm ride will come into play and I have seen another member on here with his HRE 22" setup....pretty sweet. I believe that set-up was stock suspension with coil overs? "dubsesd" I believe....

Thoughts?

thanks in advance...
My thoughts.....

Buy a Macan or even a Cayenne, not a X5....

However.......if you're set on buying the BM, I'd stick with 20" and got for the M-Adaptive with DHP.