View Single Post
      02-23-2017, 06:59 PM   #119
newuser310
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD ///M4 View Post
But seriously, what are the chances that another cop is going to ticket you for no front plate.

I got a fix-it ticket for no front plate one day when I turned off a main drag onto a side street. A cop had a car already pulled over, turned and looked at me, pointed his finger at me and mouthed "Pull over!", and pointed to the curb. Not speeding, not loud, no other reason other than he saw my lack of a front plate. I'm sure he felt like that one just fell into his lap.

Fortunately, my wife works with a colleague who's husband is a cop in another city. The citation gets passed to him, he signs off on it, and it gets passed back. Problem solved.

In La Jolla, most of the parking is metered parking on the street. Meter maids, of which they have a whole fleet, are constantly driving around, marking tires for time violations, and giving parking tickets, and they can now cite you for no front plate even if your car is parked legally with time on the meter. I used to have a consulting business and I had a client in La Jolla. After getting a ticket for no front plate while parked legally, I told him that I was no longer going to subject myself to that and dropped him. I no longer go to La Jolla during the day when the meters are in effect.
You sure showed them...by losing income to protest against a reasonable law?
Appreciate 0