View Single Post
      03-06-2017, 07:29 PM   #125
Fundguy1
Major General
Rep
Drives: 335 e93

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoei View Post
I absolutely hate this mentality. What makes you exempt from the laws? It's tinted windows - be a peace officer rolling up to a stop at night and the windows are blacked out... what if they were doing something legitimately wrong?

Your examples are terrible as well. Yeah the marijuana laws in this country are outdated as you say, but truthfully, it's because no laws have been in place. Also comparing slavery to tinted windows is about the most asinine comment I've heard in awhile lolol...

Carpool lanes are designed for multiple occupants - when I drive in the pov lane and I'm the only occupant, I accept the responsibility of getting ticketed. All because you FEEL a law is outdated, doesn't give you the right to completely throw it out the window...
I agree with you but disagree with the laws. Should they be enforced? Yes. Is there any reason for a front license plate besides camera tickets, etc? No. Same with the rear plate. Its fot ticket cameras. I've gotten several where i stopped, waited, then proceeded to turn right legally but the camera was calibrated incorrectly for the stopping point.

Is there any reason timt 15% or less shouldnt be legal? No. You can easily see into a car witth ttbe lights. If ytouyre worried, have them roll down windows when you stop them. The rears of suvs from the factory are at least 15% but i never hear any officer complain about those. Just as easy to be up to no good in the back seat as the front.

The flip side is that laws that don't make money aren't enforced. How many illegal aliens have you arrested? I see several a day. They are breaking the law by existing on US soil. Period. Yet no law enforcement seems to care. So either enforce all or none. Don't be selective. Should he have gotten the tickets? Yes. Its the law. But don't be hypocritical about it saying all laws need to be enforced and don't enforce them. Should these laws be changed or dropped? Absolutely. Same with immigration. But they aren't yet. And until then, these are just laws used for money making and for giving jerks bonus penaltues. To claim other would be wrong.

Last edited by Fundguy1; 03-06-2017 at 07:36 PM..
Appreciate 1