davis449
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Audi SQ5

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoK View Post
A little bit about the author:

If he really knew what he was talking about he would do actual work on cars....

Think about it: if your car is broke or you want to improve it. Do you bring it to a journalist or to a reputable mechanic/shop?

People who write about cars almost per definition dont have any understanding of their true workings.

You think an understroke engine that revs to 8k is normal?
Even honda's can have this issue and these are usually oversquare.
Umm, he does ACTUALLY work on cars. His rant comes from his own experience with BMW's tearing them apart and rebuilding them. I'm not saying he isn't hyperbolic and a bit overblown, but he does know of which he speaks.

Quote:
What the hell? At the bottom, it says this about him?!

"Freddy "Tavarish" Hernandez@theRealTavarish
Tavarish writes and makes videos about fixing and modifying cars on the internet. Sometimes they actually run."

Sometimes they actually run? WTF? And I want to read anything he writes about cars?
Do you understand sarcasm and/or tongue-in-cheek remarks?

Quote:
Hyperbolic bullshit from a hyperbolic bullshitter. This phrase lets us know just how seriously to treat the opinions by this guy: "all BMW engines are monumental piles of unreliable garbage."

Having had a large number of BMWs, many with over 100,000 miles on their odometers, my engines have not suffered the same fate. Perhaps that was because I took care of them and didn't drive them into the ground.
Good for you...for everyone one of you there's one who's had the opposite experience.

I'm not anti-BMW at all...I'm just realistic about them, and every car from every marque I've owned.
Appreciate 0