1230vani
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G05 40i LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaw View Post
Your point is very valid...we selected the CS and crossed it out 3 times...lol
if I had the extra G's I would have probably selected it...I still have some time to rethink this through...as mine is a Diesel and the production won't start until Jan.

I still like to hear everyone's opinion and make the right decision...I also hear your point around investment and resell...I think this car will be with me for at least 4-5 years...but on the other hand, I don't want to keep it that long that it becomes worthless for resell...I liked your view on resell (with CS)
Shaw, I was there back and forth because I like mocha color the most, so I understand what you are going through now. Went all the way to configure nappa mocha package and ready to order until I saw the leather nappa mocha in person. It looks beautiful, feels great, smells great and gives a car a much much more exclusive look but also waaaaay too sensitive if you have kids in the back (also any transportation of furniture and such is risky business). Car in the saloon had shown lines on the driver's seat after 2-3 days people getting in/out of the car. Car in the showroom had ventilated seats. Leather for ventilated seats (in the middle) appears to be less soft then the nappa in the rest of the car and less prone to show usage. However, ventilated are an added option and if someone (e.g. child) spills liquid it is almost impossible to get out. I assume if you spill coffee or coke during driving it is super difficult to get it out. Salesman said also there is less padding with ventilation (logical), but could be wrong. I have comfort seats in my X6 and absolutely love them. They are such good and comfortable seats that I was convinced I will (from then onwards) always take comfort seats. Well BMW did not make that really possible for me because I need dakota because of its durability and rigidity but I do not like any of the colors as much as Mocha. I also loved the leater dashboard in my X6. I believe the car was mega silent partly to the leather dashboard. THere are zero squeeks in that car and the music creates no vibration whatsoever. So with Mocha Dakota (in Europe), I cannot take leather dash. So I went (signed) the order with Terra (Comfort Seats) and leather dash. Saw Terra live in front of the dealer's right after I signed and did not like it. It is nice, but just like saddle brown. Had saddle brown 7 years ago and got really bored of it. So I went Monday and changed seat color to mocha dakota, took sport seats and added lumbar support (EUR 300). Comfort seats that include lumbar support and few other goodies were EUR 400 extra (with M package). So I had to "sacrifice" leather dash and comfort seats because I believe dakota mocha is more important to me. I also saved quite a bit on the way because nappa mocha is more expensive along with the added ventilation seats and would have gotten leather dash with terra. There must be a way for you to add sport seats and dakota mocha (perhaps even include lumbar support). Standard seats are really not good, I know they should be better, or one would assume they are, but in reality for most people, they are just not good enough eventhough the car in question is very expensive.

Last edited by 1230vani; 11-25-2013 at 03:11 AM.. Reason: spelling
Appreciate 0