View Single Post
      02-16-2014, 11:07 PM   #10
agmnyc
Rep
Drives: f15 x5

I considered am MDX Tech/Entertainment, and even a used CPO of the previous model before settling on an x5 35i xdrive.

I haven't had a chance to drive the x5 yet but the MDX was surprisingly fun to drive - it felt very car like and the ride seemed like a good compromise between sporty and comfort. It was also very roomy and was packaged in way that makes it very practical for a family of 4+.

On the negative side, the MDX seemed like is the the victim of a lot of corner cutting. Although basics like ride, engine, and safety all appear to be top-notch, the car skimps on details that the x5 a more complete car. Fog lights, for example, have been deleted and are now a dealer-installed option on the MDX. More significantly, a large majority of owners seems to think Acura completely dropped the ball on the navigation and infotainment system, which is completely unacceptable for a brand that used to be known for integrating cutting edge technology.

At the end of the day, the price difference to lease the two cars was too close for me to pick the MDX. I was able to lease a 62k msrp x5 for about 735 month including tax. The Acura was only about 150 a month less, and didn't include free maintenance.
Appreciate 0