View Single Post
      12-30-2015, 06:44 PM   #93
2014_F15
Private
Rep
Drives: 2014 X15 35d

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwilby
I finally attempted to code these today, never having explored coding before.

I believe I did everything correctly, but on a quick drive this evening I couldn't figure out how to "enable" the lighting. I had the automatic high beams turned on with automatic headlights (the rotating switch to the left of the steering wheel) enabled, but did not detect any attempt to shadow-box. The high beams simply turned on/off.

I have a pretty loaded F15 (2015) including HUD, Active Cruise Control and of course LED lights. I followed the "Appendix A" instructions (i.e. for the older 2015 model with older ECUs). I VO coded first (removing the two features as directed), then I coded all the ECUs and then finally I applied the specific lighting ECU coding mods as per the PDF.

Am I just stupid and I somehow did not actually turn on the lights the "right way" (whatever that is)?

I did not feel brave enough to just randomly drive around with highbeams on...

Thanks for any pointers!
If you followed dmnc02's instructions, then you have done everything you need to do. GFHB's won't work under all conditions and the high beams will revert to HBA style operation. The main factors blocking GFHB that I found when testing the system were city street lights and not exceeding the minimum speed for GFHB. I coded a slower enable speed and found a good road and then the update was obvious.
Appreciate 0