View Single Post
      02-05-2023, 06:01 AM   #17
F15_SGM
Insta~ f10_sapphire
Rep
Drives: BLACK 2015 528I

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qsilver7 View Post
You can also keep a back up using either of the seat memory buttons. The seat memory buttons will retain their initial setting even when your remote is given to someone else and they then readjust the seat. If they lock the door, then your seat/mirror settings for the remote that was used will change to the last settings (the valet's).

But if you had the same memory programmed to one of the seat memory buttons, you can return your seats & mirrors to your original setting by pressing the button you saved it to, then when you lock/unlock the vehicle...your settings will be what is remembered again with the remote.
Yes, I already know about memory seats. What i'm saying is The valet guy used the seat setting 1 and 2 and accidentally clicked save and reset my saved setting with new values. The "SET" button is hard to see at night he clicked it than pressed 1 or 2 causing it to reset and resave. That is what extra profiles are its pretty much the profile for the key as each key has its own profile. Profiles can be manually changed and added without additional keys via Idrive. On my f10 i used to have 4 or 5 extra keys as i had the BMWs key replacement coverage. I made one key for (1)comfort and (2)spirited than another for a (1)Low style and (2)race for seat settings. The key profile also saves the climate and other custom Idrive preset settings aswell as sound settings.

Last edited by F15_SGM; 02-05-2023 at 06:13 AM..
Appreciate 1
Vivek.1367.50