Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Horn
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisny View Post
Yeah, that's a good point. Even just getting in the car with dirty or snow filled boots/shoes, I am always afraid to tap my heels on the car to get it off like I would if I had the running boards, or if I just didn't have the plastic skirting.. I could definitely see the more narrow boards being slightly less useful for loading things on the roof than the E70 boards. Once the doors are open though, do they give you a similar footprint as the E70 boards? I thought I read someone on here comparing them saying they were similar, just that the F15's are tucked away better when the doors were closed..
You tap your heels on the X5? I usually tap my feet against each other not on the X5, after getting in. I never even thought about doing it with the running boards being so wide like you said, I always got back of my pants dirty especially in narrow parking spots (almost everywhere in NYC).
No, I do the same as you with the X5 and with my 335 because of the plastic side skirts with the m sport. Just feel a little silly sometimes "clicking my heels" together lol. Other cars I could get away with tapping my heels against the door jam, not the outside of the car really.
Appreciate 0