View Single Post
      11-26-2016, 10:10 PM   #163
Almaretto
Major General
Rep
Drives: Test Vehicles

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Mbition View Post
Have about 5k on my car now, daily driver to work 13 miles each way, and have taken 2 road trips (one to NC and one to VA).
I've achieved 17 miles on a full charge (eDrive), Im currently averaging 38 mpg mixed, and I fill up with gas after mixed driving probably twice a month.
Im charging it overnight daily, and luckily I have a Level 2 at work. Its cheating, I know. (Thank God for Chargepoint!!).
I precondition pretty much daily w/ the BMW Connected app, and I don't use the ventilation/heat on my way to work, just heated seat/steering wheel.

The car really trains you to live a more sustainable lifestyle, My electric bill after daily charging has only gone up 18 or so dollars a month so far, (simple level one charging from outdoor outlet), but saved me a TON in gas. As a matter of fact I'm highly considering solar on the house now.
I love everything this car has taught me so far, and looking forward to my next one already. Convinced one of my friends/coworkers to get out of his 320 and pick up a '17 330e, he'll be doing that Monday, and we will compare stats once he gets in it.
Charging at work is not cheating. Unfortunately, I do not have chargers or any outlets at work; otherwise I would as well.

My electric bill has not gone up and do not necessarily need level 2 charger cause it is always fully charged after 6-8 hours over night.

I did not like the drive of the 330e. I was looking forward to the G30 plug-in hybrid, but was think I will miss the extra HP.
Appreciate 1
_Mbition105.50