View Single Post
      11-30-2021, 09:30 PM   #42
Ascotgrun
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by M302_imola View Post
As I stated in a previous post I have a buddy that purchased a dedicated laptop with ISTA already downloaded (off ebay I believe). He's going to let me borrow that laptop. That being said, is ISTA pretty user friendly? Right now I'm just looking to recalibrated the transfer case.
I found it pretty easy. When I first tried it, it wouldn't connect but that was due to me choosing the wrong interface type. Once I got that figured out, I did a scan for errors and it found one with the sunroof. It told me what was needed to correct the error (reinitialize or recalibrate, don't remember) and I was able to go through the process.

A tutorial would have helped as I wasn't always sure that I was doing the right steps, but that's my failing as I didn't bother to educate myself first, not an indictment of the software. There were onscreen instructions and progress bars etc while going through the process, but it was after everything was done that I wasn't sure what to do next as far exiting the program properly.

My previous experience with other software such as NCS on my E60 caused a little anxiety as closing that out incorrectly can cause issues and I had one panic inducing moment where my car wouldn't start after.
Appreciate 1