Thread: LCI?
View Single Post
      04-23-2016, 09:34 AM   #82
UnhappySwede
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 F15 -2016

2,5 years is doable but I'd prefer another year of driving the newest car. I don't know what the rush is about thought, both exterior and interior looks way more modern than most competition. It isint lacking technology or preformance either...and now that the Q7 and XC90 are out, both which drive poorer, there isnt too much of upcoming rivals left.

I really hope it's a step up in design, what worries me is this trend towards more soft lined, anonymous design that even BMW embraced. The 3-series facelift is a disaster, especially when the new LED-lights are completely turned on. The X1 turned sleek but...anonymous, and the 7-series is plain boring, inside and out.

The competition is failing aswell, Mercedes GLE Coupe looks like crap. The new E-classe looks like crap. GLC is decent but still way more feminine than the GLK.

Hyundai Santa Fe 2016 facelift looks like crap. New Kia Sorento is also decent but feminine and boring, and felt cheaper inside than my few years older Optima. And then there's the new Sportage...I really dont know what happend there.

New Q7 is a disaster. It looks like they gave an addict a ruler and a few pills and said "here, draw a car". My Eyes are so relieved when I spot the previous generation. This goes for the XC90 too, proportions are way off and it's hard to look at, and Lexus, yeah they are kind of trippin' too.

I only find a few brands suceeding with the design these days. It would be JLR, Mazda, Renault, Seat...and a few others.
Appreciate 1