09-01-2016, 05:47 PM   #128
Mexecutioner
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 xDrive35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jambo1 View Post
Hang tight. I've had the BimmerTech amp, Bavsound subs (both items installed) and the rest of the Bavsound speakers just sitting in the garage until they can send over a midrange adapter for me to be able to install everything.

So far, everything sounds meh, and no one from BimmerTech has responded to numerous emails regarding specific files/config of the amp for this specific setup.

I'll let you know how it all comes together - if it ever does.
I got tired of waiting for Bavsound releasing the new F15 product and the constant radio silence while waiting for a reply to my emails, so I bought a pair of Focal K2 Power 100KRS. I have these 2 on the front, the OEM ones on the rear and the Bavsound Ghost subs all powered by the Bimmertech amp. The sound difference is night and day.

I agree with you that the setup files loaded in the Bimmertech amp are not the best and could not get other files from them, so I spent some time tuning it myself. I can share my setup file with you, but our speakers don't match 100% and I also muted the center channel as it was messing with the imaging and you may not like that. I strongly suggest you buy a test microphone and a XLR to USB preamp and do it yourself, this way you can tailor it to your liking. You can find both on Amazon for a little over $100. Recommendations are on the DSP guide from Audiotec Fischer.

Tune the car in your garage or any other quiet spot, then take it for a drive and see how you like it. I made a couple tweaks to the EQ's to compensate for the road noise and I am a happy camper.

If you decide to do this I recommend you use software version 3.40a or the latest one on their website instead of v2.93 that Bimmertech recommends. It has better features and it is 100% compatible with the amp you have. It will update the firmware on the unit, which can be reverted if you wish to go back to 2.93. I asked the Audiotec Fischer techs and you can use the PP82DSP from Bimmertech but you have to save first the file with the 2.93 software. Later you can load the file again with the 3.40a tool. I zeroed out all the values and stared from scratch.
Appreciate 0