HMN
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5MC LCI, 2017 F86 X6M

Garage List
2014 BMW X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Optherion View Post
This is my 9th BMW. Probably 20th car I have owned.

Its a 2017 X5 50i V8 loaded. Hell; should have bought X5m but thats another story.

The air conditioning takes a HOUR to cool down the car. Located in Arizona and today is 108 degrees. Car has NEVER cooled down all day. After a hour in the car, I'm still sweating. I have the damn air conditioned ventilated whatever seats. They suck. Don't buy them; save your money guys. Car is Silver. Limo tint all around. I used a sun shade. I'm out of ideas and its been serviced 3 times for the AC not getting cold.

Does anyone else with the V8 have issues with their cooling system or suggestions that live in hot climates? Car going in for service again. By far the worst AC of any car I have ever owned. The sad part of everything is the AC just absolutely doesn't cool the car down when outside temp is 90+ The uber driver picked me up in a black corolla from the dealer since they had no rental cars and I about froze my ass off in the backseat. Trying to get suggestions here as Im ready to get rid of this thing after 5 months.
Previously owned an F15 50i, since the climate here is hot 10 out of the 12 months, I can tell you the A/C is good, but not very good. Sometimes during summer (around 48 degrees C, 120 F), it would completely block - when at max the air is blocked and it feels as if something is standing in the way. At other times it would be a freezer.

I had it checked a few times at the dealer but they say there is nothing wrong with it. I think it has to do with the way the A/C is designed, which is stupid for a premium SUV.
2017 F86 X6M - Donington Grey
2024 F95 X5M Comp LCI - Isle of Man Green
Appreciate 0