04-26-2016, 12:20 PM   #11
iconoclast
Self-Deprecating Narcissist
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Audi BMW Ferrari LR MB

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsaad1 View Post
i But the outdated technology and the horrible reliability of said technology, makes me not ever want to buy a range rover again.
the reliability issue is comical because nearly every bmw product i have owned has had more issues and niggles than any RR product i have owned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanvas View Post
Talking about the GL, has anyone tried the GL63?
yes. it's as dumb as the R63. i do not see the point in it and daily driving that in an urban/city environment is a chore. the size of the vehicle and the size of the engine make a cumbersome and annoying experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by F15GorDe View Post
Sums up my thoughts.
But overall it's pretty astonishing the pace of all of the new technology coming into our daily drivers. I'm looking forward to the next 5-10 years.
sadly i am not... as these vehicles get more techy and disconnect the driver from the actual driving experience i find myself looking backward to see what low mileage older vehicles will be next. i have no desire for the latest and greatest waiting for me to beta test in the real world for the mfg and i may be one of the few left that enjoy the driving experience in general when not using the vehicle as a tool or appliance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlammedR8 View Post
in 2016, they introduced HUD finally. I believe the 2017 (which will be a facelift for the full size RR) will finally receive an entirely new infotainment system, along with LED headlights. Otherwise, the tech really isn't bad. the instrument panel (TFT display or whatever they call it) is superb. I love that the gauges are one big display, no analog here!
what other luxury brands were offering in 2008+ RR finally got around to but as i stated earlier the trade-off was much nicer interior than the competition with much better audio and leather options. it was too costly to revamp the L322 completely so they did minor improvements and saved most of the advancement and new gadgetry for the L405 however the fact that they do not have all this nonsense in the vehicle means less crap to fail.
Appreciate 0