View Single Post
      09-18-2013, 11:17 PM   #1
Jason
Administrator
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Post Preliminary MPG Figures for 2014 BMW X5 (with FAQ answers)

BIMMERPOST NEWS
Preliminary MPG Figures for 2014 BMW X5 sDrive35i, xDrive35i and xDrive50i (with FAQ)
COMMENTS

We have preliminary MPG figures for the 2014 X5 sDrive35i, xDrive35i and xDrive50i. They are as follows:

2014 X5 Preliminary MPG Estimages

sDrive35i: 19 / 27 / 22 (city/highway/combined)
xDrive35i: 18 / 27 / 21
xDrive50i: 14 / 22 / 17
xDrive35d: figures are not yet ready

*figures are preliminary by BMW, subject to EPA final testing

FAQ

While attending the BMW X5 (F15) launch drive, we had a chance to sit down with BMW NA's X5 Product Advocate, Jason Chan, who helped answer some of the questions our X5 owners-to-be have:

Are there plans to add paddle shifters to xLine?
Currently, we're only planning to use the Sport Auto Transmission (with paddle shifters) specifically for the M Sport package.

Will the M Sport steering wheel be available as an option without the M Sport package?
No, it's only available with the M Sport package.

Will the M Sport line add extra horsepower the way the M Performance package did (+15 Hp) for the 2013 3.5i?
The M Sport package does not add any power.

Any plans to add black nappa leather to the options list after launch? (Brown and Ivory are the only colors offered currently).
It's something we're looking looking at. There's no current plans to add it in the near future, but we know it's something people are looking for.

Are running boards on new F15 X5 narrower than the predecessor E70 X5?
Yes, they do look smaller in person (Jason)

Is the third row accessed the same way as on the E70?
The F15 third row is accessed using the same mechanism and in the same way as on the E70. No change in dimensions either.

Do rear seats recline / slide? What do you get for Rear Comfort Seats?
Yes, the Rear Comfort Seats option provide seats which both recline and slide. Rear Comfort Seats also have additional padding for more cushioning and comfort.

Is a factory hitch available?
No factory hitch is available.

Will the BMW aftersales hitch still require a cut in the bumper facia, like in the E70?

Still in development. Checking on answer.

When are the production dates for the X5 US model?
August production for the 35i and 50i models. December production for the 35d.

What are the various suspension options? What is the standard M Sport suspension and what can you upgrade to? Are there limitations on the suspension options with the third row seat option?

The suspension on M Sport package model is just the standard suspension. You can order the Dynamic Handling Package with the M Sport package and you can order the Adaptive M Suspension with M Sport package. The Adaptive M Suspension gives you dynamic damper control and rear axle air suspension. With third row seats you automatically get the rear axle air suspension, so if you order the third row seats and Adaptive M Suspension, you're adding the dynamic damper control.

Will the wheels from an E70 fit the F15?
The F15 has a different RDC (tire pressure monitor) system than the E70. As a result, BMW does not recommend using E70 wheels/tires on the F15.

You can also find lots more info on the F15 X5 in our Official Thread and in the product briefing video presented to us at the International X5 launch program in Vancouver last week (reposted below).

Appreciate 0