First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M; E90 M3 ZCP; M4 GTS

Garage List
'11 BMW 1M  [9.83]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kief View Post
Legend hardly, but I'm sure folks remember "that guy" over on SS.

Yeah, the car handled great and is a true uber wagon. I talked my wife into it, thinking the size would be fine for our German Shepherd and other utility needs, but we quickly found out it was just too small and we were expecting the best of both worlds--performance/handling and refinement and what we've become accustomed to with Bimmers. Yeah, I'm a BMW fanboy! I was really wanting the V60P* to be my answer to an RS4 Avant (which probably would be too small even if we could get it here). I guess I was comparing it too much to my M4.

Here's a thread I posted here right after I got it and before adding tint:
http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...Volvo+polestar
Well, we have an X5 if we need some more beef to take to Home Depot, so maybe I am not looking at it through the same lens since the P* is an incremental car vs. a direct replacement. It's certainly not an RS4 or M3/4, but it is the best wagon in the US sans the E63 and its budget-busting price. So if anything, by default, I'm very happy with it considering the Audi and BMW offerings. I feel like the X5 has gotten softer and softer...still a great car, and the wife loves it, but not as driver oriented as the E53 4.8is or E70 X5M we had before it. For my personal use, I like the wagon dynamics and "throwback" technology like hydraulic steering and a serious, mechanical suspension. The tranny is probably its Achilles heel..and 8 spd auto or 7spd dual clutch would surely kick it up a notch.

Thanks for the link...great pics!!