View Single Post
      03-21-2018, 03:14 AM   #579
DaeguCraig
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW xDrive35i X5

Loud Continuous Static/Noise from all Speakers

I just purchased a 2014 BMW xDrive35i X5 from a friend and was loving it! Exactly a week after buying it, it suddenly started emitting a loud continuous noise/static sound from all the speakers at the same time. The volume cannot be adjusted and the noise continues until the X5's power turns off a few minutes after the engine is turned off. My cameras have all stopped working as well. My first thought was that I have a bad ground somewhere that shorted out my cameras and was causing the noise in speakers. I have not been able to find the bad ground. The noise starts as soon as I press the ignition button, without the engine being started. It does not stop until I turn the car off again. I have narrowed it down to something within the iDrive, due to the fact that when I removed the fuse to the iDrive unit, the noise completely stops. I reset all my settings in my iDrive to what they were when I purchased the vehicle and the noise continued. The only thing, besides removing the iDrive fuse, that stopped the noise was switching my profile from my custom named profile to the "Guest" profile. Does anyone know why that would matter or have any similar experience with this? I saw online that some people were blaming the L7 Amp for the noise issue, but switching profiles would not explain the amp as being the problem. Neither would a bad ground or short explain how the Guest profile would fix the noise. Anyone have any ideas because I am completely at a loss on this one. I am not the smartest tool in the shed but this one has me completely baffled.
Appreciate 0