08-09-2017, 09:39 PM   #28
Jimothy
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 X5 sDrive35i (F15)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachcomberx5 View Post
I never knew Pirelli provides free road hazard warranty for run flats.....thanks!!
As ramsal mentioned, it's an obscure reference on Pirelli's site, and only valid for one year, but still very useful to know (Thank You, Pirelli !!):

Quote:
Road Hazard Policy for Run Flat Tires Only

Pirelli Run Flat tires are manufactured with technology that allows limited low-inflation operation in the event of sudden loss of pressure. Pirelli does not recommend the repair of run flat tires and as a result, Pirelli provides road hazard coverage on all Pirelli produced tires that are manufactured with run flat technology. To qualify for Run Flat Road Hazard coverage, a completed claim form along with the tire exhibiting the road hazard must be returned to Pirelli through an authorized Pirelli dealer.

If a Run Flat tire becomes unserviceable due to workmanship or materials anomalies or road hazard injury during the initial warranty period, which is one year from the date of original retail purchase of the vehicle or purchase of replacement tires (purchase receipt required) or within the first 2/32” of the original usable tread, whichever occurs first, the tire will be replaced with the same or comparable tire at no charge for the tire to the owner. After the initial warranty period, if a Run Flat tire becomes unserviceable due to workmanship or materials anomalies or road hazard injury, the owner must pay the cost of a comparable new Pirelli replacement tire on a pro-rata basis. The authorized Pirelli dealer will determine the cost by multiplying the percentage of the original usable tread worn by the current dealer selling price. The owner must pay for any associated service charges, including costs associated with mounting and balancing of the tire. This Road Hazard Policy is not a warranty. Pirelli does not warranty that a Pirelli tire will not fail due to road hazard and does not authorize any person, including authorized Pirelli dealers, to make such a warranty.
https://www.pirelli.com/tires/en-us/.../tire-warranty