View Single Post
      04-28-2014, 01:59 PM   #1
sand99
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G05 X5/F80 M3

20" 469M Owners: How bad is the brake dust?

I'm about to pull the trigger on our M Sport now, just trying to figure out the last items we want for our build. We have an X3 35i Sport with the 309 wheels now, and they dust like crazy! It takes me about an hour to handwash the X3 from start to finish, 30 minutes of this is spent getting all the brake dust off the 309 wheels!

Our salesman says that BMW has improved this, but I'm highly skeptical. We plan on ordering our X5 with the 469Ms, so my question for all you owners out there is how badly do the brakes dust? Note that this wouldn't stop me from getting the 469Ms -- for $950 that's a no-brainer. But my wife wants them to be powder-coated so the wheels don't look dirty within 2-3 days of driving like our current 309s do. I've seen this done well, and badly, so I'm not convinced we should go this route if the brakes really don't dust that badly. Our salesman says they can do this at the dealership (they ship the wheels to a shop in Dallas), I'm still waiting to see how much they'll charge to do it though.
Appreciate 0