View Single Post
      05-12-2018, 11:41 AM   #19
Turbmando
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mingwan View Post
Sounds like you’ll just need to drive a gt350 first..

I just have an issue with the new mustangs w/ an A10 being able to give a gt350 a run for its money on the street. The GS will be a more effective performer. The gt350 sure is a cool car, though.
I agree I should drive the GT350. I feel bad knowing the new ones near me aren't the right color, so I would never buy the one I test drive. Nearest used one is an hour away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNoBrakes View Post
No SS 1LE?
I've heard great things, but in my opinion not as unique. Then again I guess neither is the vette.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snappy Phoenix View Post
Why do you say that? It'd be interesting to learn from an owner's perspective what were your gripes with the GT350 and which year model did you have?
Same here

Quote:
Originally Posted by kprocivic View Post
Go drive both and make a decision.
I agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGM135is View Post
I would say the ZL1 is the more appropriate comparison. I looked at all three before buying a 2LT Stingray. Very happy with my choice. It’s fairly lightweight for the power it has, it feels nimble and is about the same size as an M2. And I love smaller cars which is why I also have a 135is. It really looks bigger than it is because it’s so low.

My second choice would be the ZL1 because Chevrolet did try to cut the weight, but you just can’t see out of the thing. Looks sexy as hell though. GT350 just looks bloated IMO. Both the pony cars share the same interior as their 4 cylinder counterparts where the C7 is unique unto its own. I find it difficult not to drive the Corvette every day.
Good points

Quote:
Originally Posted by N55darksoul View Post
I have owned a 2013 M3, 2 C6 corvettes (2008- 2012) and 2 mustangs but none the newer versions you are considering. However, I would definitely go with the Vette. Of the two the Mustang has honestly the same feel and body shape as the M3 IMOP...the Vette is a completely different animal in looks, feel and power. If you sold the M3 then get something completely in all ways different...
This make a lot of sense. Something completely different, I like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RABAUKE View Post
Both great cars despite the Ford Chev haters. I've always loved that GT350 motor though. I think you need to drive both, maybe a few times and then decide which one speaks to you....we are all looking for different things.
Yep, I'll have to locate a dealer willing to let me drive one.

Appreciate all the comments!
Appreciate 0