View Single Post
      12-28-2016, 05:57 PM   #1
hdAge
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 X5 xDrive35d M sport

F15 M Performance parts cost and labor

In the process of ordering a 2017 X5, hoping to complete the order in a day or two. I was talking to my dealer to add the following M performance parts
1. Carbon Fiber Front Splitter
2. Rear Lip Spoiler
3. Side skirt Films (or Rocker panel film strips)
4. Cover selector liver in Carbon Fiber
5. Pedal cover Stainless Steel

He is quoting a total of $2900 for the parts, minus labor (still waiting for the labor cost). If I go to getbmwparts ( https://www.getbmwparts.com/partloca...subcat1=215189 ), its giving a total of $2123. shopbmwusa gives me close to ~$2600.

Probably not much difference, but I might plan to add more parts and thats when the difference will start to matter. Should I order the parts through the dealer or via getbmwparts? I would prefer through the dealer, so I can residualize as part of the lease and just pay for the depreciation for 3 years.

I'm planning to go with a darker paint (Ruby Black Metallic), all the pictures that I have seen so far in the forum for M performance parts are mostly for Mineral White, Space Gray and Silver. Does anyone have any pics of M performance parts on either Carbon Black or Black Sapphire body paint? (I don't think there are many Ruby Black cars out there anyway)
Appreciate 0