08-26-2014, 01:06 PM   #49
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G09 XM, G05 X5 40, 991.2 T

Quote:
Originally Posted by opasha View Post
Ok, so for anyone who is interested in this, here are the instructions as follows (big thanks to shawnsheridan for explaining things to me this morning):

1) Cluster Install: The youtube video I posted above should be pretty similar to our instrument clusters - the removal and install should be pretty straightforward for the 6WB as such.

2) Coding: First, we must add 6WB to FA explained in this pdf: http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...87&postcount=5. Then, Shawn explained to me that when you first install new ECU, it will not have a CAFD, so you will need to inject one using Detect CAFD for SWE, and then VO Code DKombi and NBT using the steps below:

Connect => Read FA (VO) => Activate FA (VO) => Read SVT (VCM) => Left-Click on DKombi => Click on "Detect CAF for SWE" => Select the CAFD from latest I-Level => Select OK => Right-Click on DKombi (the ECU itself not the underlying CAFD) => Select CODE (instructions by shawnsheridan)

That's all there is to it. According the Shawn, the only time we need to remove the 6WB is for any service where dealer will program the car, which is rare. The Kombi/Cluster pops in an out in 5 minutes. Once it has your VIN, you can swap it in and out, and the correct higher mileage stored in BDC will always sync the Kombi/Cluster to the true higher mileage. No coding is needed after popping back in since we already added it originally via the coding explained above.

I'll be ordering the retrofit sometime this week or next week.
Are you serious??
Keep us updated.
Active Autowerke • KW • H&R • Ohlins • Remus • and more...
Appreciate 0