View Single Post
      09-06-2014, 01:28 PM   #61
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by kip1 View Post
What do you mean by turn signals, a blinker in the hud? I dont have that in my hud.

Anyone have any bugs/problems with the 6wb swap. How big a deal is this?

Please help as I am seriously thinking about a swap. My logic is that it should be an easy swap as I dont think there is so much difference with the 2015 and 2014 model. I bet there is a readiness for this right from the start.

Please inform me of any problems...
The turn signal blinkers in your HUD are from coding. If you haven't coded this, you have nothing to worry about. This feature is lost when you have the 6WB installed. So far from everyone I've talked to that has done retrofits including wdimagineer and shawnsheridan, there are no issues except for what I just mentioned above. The install process takes 5 minutes, however, like we discussed earlier, coding is necessary:
1) adding 6WB to the FA through VO Coding explained in the pdf I posted somewhere above.

2) then injecting CAFD module through coding as well...I'm pretty positive I also explained these steps above somewhere.

I'll be doing this swap 100% and I will report back when I do. However, I have an order of my mods, so that's why I have to wait for the 6WB. According to wdimagineer, we can add 6WB to the FA at any time. After this is done you must follow this order according to wdimagineer:

"Power down the car. Remove the old. Install the new. Power up. Connect via E-Sys. Load your modules. You'll see it on the bus. Then follow the remaining steps."

When I install mine, I will repost all my steps in order for everyone. If you want to pull the trigger sooner, just order it from bimmer-tech and install it yourself . Takes 5 minutes to pop the cluster in/out, supposedly.