View Single Post
      02-27-2014, 05:37 PM   #1
DrivingMachine2014
Rep
Drives: 2012 Mercedes E350

Smile A few questions before placing an order (Please help)

Hi!

I am new to the world of BMW, but I am considering placing an order of the 2014 X5. I have done some searches on the forum but I still have a few questions:

1. Is the "ACC Stop & Go + Active Driving Assistant" BMW's version of the Distronic Plus? If yes, then is there also a collision warning system (like Mercedes') where the system would be active at speeds of >20mph and applies the brakes for you if required? And when necessary, bring the car to a complete halt?

2. Does the "Active Driving Assistant" and "Driver Assistance Plus" provide any "active" driving assistance? Like, other than warning the driver in the form of brief steering wheel vibrations, can the system intervene and correct the direction of travel as required? Because I really like this type of safety features on my E class sedan.

3. When I test drove a X5 35d (the dealer did not have the gasoline version available), I did not hear any of the the loud diesel clatter at idle (impressive!), however, I felt the throttle response was a bit soft. Thus, does the gasoline version of the X5 have this issue as well?

4. Which type of tires do you get if I choose the M Sport body package with 19" M Light alloy Double Spoke wheels?

5. How is the winter driving (snow and icy conditions) in an X5? I understand Porsche Cayenne has locking differentials, but the BMW salesman told me that X5 is capable of sending 100% of torque to any of the four wheels.

6. Lastly, can someone please recommend a salesman in BMW Seattle or BMW Bellevue?

Thank you for your help!

Last edited by DrivingMachine2014; 02-28-2014 at 01:23 AM..
Appreciate 0