11-25-2013, 12:29 PM   #322
NikonMan
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 X5M Azurite on Nutmeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWMN1971 View Post
Lack of daytime backlighting for sure. I couldn't care less for HUD that adds the extended display with LCD. However, the lack of lighting during the day is unacceptable. My 10 year old Infiniti has that. In situations when you get a cloudy day which is not enough to trigger the lights to turn on and get the orange lighting on the panel you can barely see the gauges.

My biggest frustration is that I was never told I would not get the daytime backlighting if I did not get the Driver Assistant Package. I got backup camera separate since I did not care for HUD but I would get the full package if I knew it. It was an extra $1000 on a $70k car so not a huge deal. The car the dealer showed had the daytime backlighting and I even took picture of that to show to my wife. The dealer claims they had no idea BMW was using two different instrument clusters on the same car.
Yeah that would drive me nuts as well (I have less than no patience lol) ... ughh ... sucks that you have to be frustrated by this seemingly ridiculous issue on your new ride ... my local dealer also had no clue whatsoever about the different clusters, pros/cons of each, and which packages triggers one vs. the other. Very annoying that BMW did not clarify this - there is not even a mention of this in the order guide ...
Appreciate 0