View Single Post
      07-15-2014, 12:23 PM   #45
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan l. View Post
You might want to look into the Burgertuning tune for your V8. I have a 2014 550i with the same N63TU and supposedly the old 2011-2013 TMAP based tunes for the 550 doesn't work on the updated 2014 motor. Burgertuning switched it up and now the newer cars use a MAF based tune which takes me seconds (not exaggerating at all) to install and go back to stock since the sensors is right on top of the engine.

Usually with CEL's it doesn't impact the way the car drives. Not to the point where you say its shaking etc... I am suspecting that the tune A) wasn't installed correctly or B) its not right for the N63TU.
I can assure you the install was done correctly. Nonetheless, thanks for the information .

Quote:
Originally Posted by greentrbo95gst View Post
I saw the install and it's two TMAP plugs in front of your intercoolers.
I know 35i and 35d are different, but 50i seems to be the easiest out of all three for an install.
It is definitely not easy. The space where the two TMAP sensors are located is difficult to get into. My mechanic had to to remove the metal bar that covers it just to get in there and even then it was a tight space in front of the intercoolers. I'm always honest and upfront about everything I see or do. The worst part is, since its the latest X5, no one but BMW has the software using the OBD tablets to reset this stupid malfunction, which is all that needs to be done. It can't be done with the RaceChip tune sitting there all nice and cozy, lol. I spent 3K on extended warranty. I'm not going to void it - the whole point of buying this chip was because it was SUPPOSED TO BE a simple play n play for easy install/easy removal as to NOT VOID our warranty.

Last edited by opasha; 07-15-2014 at 12:28 PM..
Appreciate 0