View Single Post
      07-15-2014, 08:57 PM   #60
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by greentrbo95gst View Post
You would have to leave the dummy plug in the box when you start up the car. It overrides whatever the tune delivers.

They sent you two different harnesses because 50i and 35i use two different types of plugs on 2014 cars. I was chatting with a BMW engineer from Spartanburg about this. Apparently, the manufacturer of those plugs did not deliver the quality BMW wanted and they had to switch the source and type of plugs mid year.
Once you unplug your harness you will see what type is yours and you have to match it to either 4720 or the other one....I dont remember the number.
If your DT Mal does not go away with the dummy plug in then the install is wrong.
Take a picture of your box with the dummy plug in and make sure the plastic clip is all the way in.
I just tested it on my truck and it works fine.
Ok, I did that in method 2 above and it sounded like the car engine was trying to power down if that makes any sense. It didn't go away so it looks like something is not installed right. I'll get it all checked tomorrow when I go to my auto shop. Thanks for all the feedback, help, and details from everyone.
Appreciate 0