View Single Post
      07-15-2014, 10:58 PM   #65
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by greentrbo95gst View Post
dude, you are making us sit on needles here. Go drive now.
I just did after I wrote that. I plugged in the Dummy Plug into the plug harness, secured it next to the race tune chip a little below so it would not move and went driving. Drivetrain Malfunction present at engine start up still, but the car wasn't idling like earlier or shaking as I had mentioned before. I took it out of the garage and started in Comfort mode. Here's the issue, I drove around the neigborhood at varying speeds under 40mph and then went up to 60-65 on the main road and around another neighborhood at lower speeds and then back again on the main road and back home. Towards the end of the main road, I switched to Sport mode and drove home in my neighborhood in Sport mode. The problem is still there and I can tell the car isn't jumping like it usually does in Comfort mode - there is a real lag and inability to reach 0-60 as fast as it usually does almost like a slow uphill battle. Obviously, this changes in Sport Mode, it IS faster and more responsive but not the same as before. It's like it won't go past a certain RPM range if that makes sense. From what I saw it stayed below 3 despite flooring it. Throughout this whole drive and until I parked my car in the garage, the Orange Triangle of Death (Drivetrain Malfunction) and CEL (Check Engine Light) remained on my dashboard display . Right now, I'm just letting it sit overnight with the Dummy Plug. I will take it to the shop tomorrow morning and take it off completely to see if that changes anything, use their OBD equipment again to try to clear it if the Drivetrain Malfunction persists and then quickly try the other sensor wires (pink one with grey clips). The RaceChip guy said both CAN fit with enough muscle, but my mechanic showed me the ridges on the red one that supposedly fit securely/properly into the TMAP sensors. The pink one didn't have those ridges. Anyway, thank you again for this thread discussion and trying to help everyone. I hate being THAT guy that ends up scaring people away from something solid. Just bad luck I guess. I really was looking forward to the wonders this was going to do for my car especially after @42pilot said he liked his after his thorough testing in the diesel thread. I'll keep you posted tomorrow.