View Single Post
      06-14-2017, 11:46 AM   #53
Ex_Stig
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '24 X7 M60i

Garage List
2024 BMW X7 M60  [10.00]
My X5 was in for service last week. I have been hesitant to provide specific details as I am still working with them on a resolution. After reading all of the comments in this thread I can tell you, this isn't something as simple as adjusting a setting or turning the dial all the way to blue.

Last week I was told that my system is "functioning as designed", but that BMW is aware of isolated regional issues with the AC performance in the X5. Of course, they also all acknowledged that the AC system in the X5 is the worst of any BMW on the market. They gave some suggestions on how to get more air out up front, but they involve closing rear vents. That isn't something I can do living in AZ with 3 kids under the age of 8.

So, I am dropping the car off again today because they have some type of regional technician coming out to look at the car tomorrow to see if there is anything they can do to boost air volume.

A review of the parts schematic show that the X5/X6 use the same fan motor. The motor is the X3, X1 and 3 series are older units, but blow much more air.

I have done a significant amount of business with my dealership that they have committed to "go to bat for me" and "make things right" if the regional guy can't do anything.

'25 M5 Touring (on the list, first slot)
'24 X7 M60i
'22 M5 CS - (sold)
Appreciate 0