View Single Post
      09-08-2014, 03:34 PM   #97
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by opasha View Post
@greentrbo95gst, I'd like to formally apologize to you and to RaceChip. It turns out after reading @bluelodge400's recent install of his BMS tune, my mechanic did in fact incorrectly install my tune. He installed into the wrong sensors completely and that level of disassembly was completely unnecessary. However, RaceChip themselves did not negate the incorrect location of the MAF sensors in my pics and explanation, so this further left me confused as to why it did not work. The red wire that we used was in fact the correct wire, which is referred to as the 4720 plug on page 1 of this thread. So, I'm going to give it another go and follow @bluelodge400's instructions and see if the tune works.

A big thank you to @bluelodge400 for his write-up on his BMS Tune 5.0i here: http://f15.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1033033

Anyone that is considering any tune for the 5.0i, please follow @bluelodge400's guide to properly install. Thanks .
Turns out, the other wire is the right wire. The pink one (8720) on first page of this thread. This wire has shorter sockets that plug and securely snap into place with the MAF sensors just like for the BMS tune.

I just finished installing it and it was a breeze. They pink wire harness plugged directly into the MAF sensors on each side and I have zero errors. There is no more throttle delay in Comfort mode or Eco-Pro mode. I didn't get to test on the high-way, but I put it into Sport mode briefly and it's like a monster now.

Here are pics of the install. It's very straightforward. Just like @bluelodge400's BMS install, I just plugged in the driver MAF sensor in, then plugged in the car's MAF sensor wire into the RaceChip's module and did the same on the passenger side before plugging into the tune. Thank you @bluelodge400 .

Last edited by opasha; 09-08-2014 at 04:29 PM..
Appreciate 0