04-21-2017, 11:44 AM   #110
IrvineTim
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 SO F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD ///M4 View Post
I just got an e-mail from BMW NA announcing M Track Days for 2017. It looks like they're now charging $250, which is in line with the Performance Center "Experience" events which have been offered to groups in the past, including BMW CCA Chapters. The first M Experience event I attended was in September 2015 with my local BMW CCA chapter and cost $199. The second one I attended was in January 2016 and that one cost $209. Our chapter just did another one in January for $220. They're doing it again in January 2018 for $225, so the costs are going up.

The M Track Day I attended last September was at no cost and also included lunch. This is usually after the event if it's a morning event, or before the event if it's an afternoon event, although the e-mail and the website doesn't specifically mention lunch.

Here's the details from the e-mail:

PUSH LIMITS. BREAK RECORDS.

No red lights. No speed limits. This is an unparalleled kind of driving.

At BMW M Track Days, you’ll leave the road behind and live the life of a racecar driver. Sign up for this thrilling event and drive the full M lineup, receive professional instruction and exclusive access to renowned racetracks, and race to complete a timed lap that qualifies you for a nationwide driving competition – all for $250.

Find your track. Win your track.

Monticello Motor Club
Monticello Motor Club | Monticello, NY | May 18 - May 25, 2017

Homestead-Miami Speedway
Homestead-Miami Speedway | Homestead, FL | June 9 - June 16, 2017

Circuit of the Americas
Circuit of the Americas | Austin, TX | July 26 - August 2, 2017

The Ridge Motorsports Park
The Ridge Motorsports Park | Shelton, WA | September 19 - September 26, 2017

The Thermal Club
The Thermal Club | Thermal, CA | September 29 - October 6, 2017

Also in the e-mail the following activities are listed:
  • Lead-Follow Track Lapping
  • Autocross
  • Drag Race / Stop Box
  • Instructor Hot Laps
At thermal are you actually driving on the track, or do they have cones set up in the parking lot and your doing an autocross type event. If it is 200$ for a track day, thats a deal, but if it is autocross, thats boring.
Appreciate 1
Brake_Late1937.50