07-31-2014, 03:32 AM   #38
kip1
Captain
Rep
Drives: X5M50d

Quote:
Originally Posted by 42pilot View Post
Spot on...

Since we had a cold front move through last night and our high temp was 83 today, I made an excuse to run to the store (closest being 12 miles away), opened all the windows and sunroof, selected "sport" and proceeded to break most traffic laws out here in the country. I thoroughly enjoyed it, even though I had a choice in vehicles - the other being an SL550.
I guy around here drives a Lamborghini Aventador with studded Nokian Hakkapelitas all year round...

Back to the video, the M50d was ahead at legal road speeds, the RR pulled away only after third gear (+ 120 km/h?), I would say that is impressive for a diesel car doing double the mpg of the RR.

My M50d which has finally arrived, but not ready, is meant to be a family carrier with good mileage, but one that also goes when I am driving alone. Actually would have wanted the Audi Q7 3.0 TDI Hybrid, but couldnt wait. Why would anyone buy a X5 M50d for drag racing??? If you want a truly fast family hauler it would be a Mercedes E 63 AMG S wagon or Audi RS6 (which actually costs as much as the X5 M50d), but I feel a SUV is safer and more spacious .
Appreciate 0