View Single Post
      07-16-2017, 08:46 PM   #27
cst1077
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 528i xDRIVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillstate View Post
Well I don't know the BMW policy WRT Asian countries. Three things I want to mention.

First, BMW'S pricing policy. American people buying BMW including myself are, in some sense, benefited from overpayment of Asian people. If not this pricing differentiation, we need to pay more for BMW's profit. This is true even after considering Taxation.

Second, Asian countries are highly populated and policies focus on reducing traffic as what happens in LA, NY or San Francisco. Taxation is one of the measures. Singapore, for example, is notorious for its sky pricking tax. You have to pay $80,000 for Hyundai Accent. BMW I don't know. This applies to personal import too. I had to pay about $10,000 import tax because I am staying here more than a year.

Third, I understand that you want to express your opinion. Yes most of them can afford a Bimmer or Mercedes, but they will protest against the pricing gap before trying to import on their own. Your opinion might be interpreted as discriminating and offensive. Careful please.

Finally, I would be very grateful if you can help me solve the problem at hand.
Did you solve problem? I also brought f10 from usa to korea. My bimmer doesnt have transport mode. I want to discuss this isuess with you. Thanks.
Appreciate 0