View Single Post
      11-07-2017, 07:21 AM   #29
destronik
Rep
Drives: X5

I know this post is a bit old but has anyone figured out a solution for this?

I too ran in to similar situation. Bought my 2016 X5 through military auto sales in Germany. Had no issues except my nav only showed a GPS map due to U.S. map being installed. Once I got it to the U.S., I had no issues with my NAV or anything with my iDrive. Drove it in the states for about 1.5 years then shipped it to Seoul, Korea. Once I picked up my vehicle, the iDrive had a blank screen. No radio but climate control worked and heads up display worked. The VPC rep told me this happens sometimes with BMWs being shipped from the states and I should take it to a BMW dealership and they can get it working again.

Took it to one of the dealerships nearby and they were able to get my iDrive restored. Took about 4 hours, didn't really understand the tech on what he did since my Korean isn't too good. While the car was on, I was adjusting the time region to Korea, as soon as I clicked it my screen went blank again. Unfortunately it was late in the day and will have to take it in again tomorrow.

I have a ENET cable but unfortunately that's still in transit with the rest of my household shipment. It seems like most of the BMW dealerships in Seoul near the Yongsan U.S. Army base are familiar with this problem, just wish I knew what the fix action was so I can fix it myself in the future and tell the tech tomorrow what needs to be done exactly so I don't waste hours at the dealership.

On the plus side, it was a $25 charge which they comp'd but I know my neighbor has a 2017 X5 and he said he had the same issue but paid $70 and 4 hour wait as well. If it doesn't get fixed tomorrow might have to find out what dealership my neighbor took it to and get it done there.

Open to any other suggestions and hoping someone has the solution, thanks!

Last edited by destronik; 11-07-2017 at 07:24 AM.. Reason: grammar fix
Appreciate 0