View Single Post
      02-27-2017, 05:34 PM   #62
kanvas
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: V8

Again, it's really unfortunate that you ended up with what I'd like to believe a bad production car. You seem to really enjoy the car and go on long trips and whatnot, but the shit issues are definitely a downer. Over here in the states, we would immediately classify it as a lemon. I wish your dealership was more accommodating to your situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnhappySwede View Post
I drive my cars long and hard, and it's not about the weight of the car either as they have the same issues in the X1 25d.

I believe it has something to do with taking too much power out of the engines regardless of size, which also is why BMW had all these injector issues on both diesel and gasoline cars.

BMW Always have the best specs for fuel consumption and Engine Power, and I believe they achieve this by disregarding the reliability in terms of too high injector pressure or incomplete/uneven fuel combustion. It's not that Toyota have no clue how to make strong and efficent Engine in their Land Cruiser, they just chose to make them last instead.

I seen this same thing working with heavy trucks. Engines are just becoming worse and worse (and actually the rest of the trucks aswell, Electronics...). While they put up nice consumption numbers nowadays, this is achieved by high pressure injecting and low resistance (moving) gaskets which let oil through. So while we save Money on gas, we spend it twofold on constantly filling up oil and replacing injectors.