Tallest
Major General
Rep
Drives: 911

Garage List
2011 911  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmg View Post
My i3 is charmingly ugly IMHO but I'm in the minority. Most i3 drivers I know like owning it, including myself. They are great in the city and in traffic. That being said, it is overpriced compared to what you get in with the competition. At $50k you should at least get the range of a Volt with the quirkyness and design aspects of the i3. I love the suicide doors, I love the interior, the iDrive etc. The price not so much. That being said, no one is paying $50k and the lease I got was a steal. I would not pay full price for this vehicle.

i3 is not ugly, for a small car its a good design. people who hate on it are usually the same people with VERY traditional tastes, who like same tired improved sedna designs, would tuck their shirts in on the weekend and wear a rolex with a date complication. Ignore them. Dont stress out - I think i3 is very cool in that charming way. And those moaning about i8 being a lawnmower in super car body - jesus, they completely miss the point. NOTHING looks like this futurisitc. You are driving a concept car. Its BMWs Delorean really, slow may be to some, but very futuristic. You gotta be insane to think buying that car will be something you take to the racetrack. Usually cool things are misunderstood, so its ok.

Besides, if BMW is cool, they should replace battery packs on them tesla style for some reasonable number, so that owners can enjoy those cars for next 5-10 years without feeling like they have an old cell phone they should dump. I3 with 600km range on updated batteries will be in demand Im sure.
Viffermike1753.00
oolas3388.00