03-26-2014, 09:13 AM   #688
CatFlap
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPickles View Post
That just sucks, how on earth can they justify a delivery time that long?

Just checked with my dealer today about when mine is due into production and was told not until 24th June, even though I ordered it in early March, with delivery to me scheduled for the first week of August.

So it definitely looks like a build slot issue, simply not enough for European demand, which is kind of surprising given that in the UK we pay considerably more than in the US. My SE40 comes in at a tad under £60k inc vat which is over US$99,000!! Granted there are lots of options on it but I have it for the next 4 years so want it to be nice and comfy once I eventually get it.
Sounds like our cars will be on the same boat!

My 3.0d M Sport was ordered 7th March, build expected mid June for delivery last week of July. I too went a bit mad on the options and ended up on the wrong side of £62000 and that's without all the fancy driver aids like night vision, adaptive cruise control etc!

I hate to think what a typical "US spec" (read every option in the book) X5 would cost over here - small house money I guess and we still have to wait nearly five months. At least I've not had to pay a deposit so can keep my money in the bank and got a good discount too

At least all the reported technical issues affecting the earlier cars will be ironed out by June (I hope)