09-07-2014, 11:43 PM   #25
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Horn View Post
Is it easily removable (lease-end)?
PS: Thanks for the video, that looked a lot easier than I thought and it looks like the most time consuming part is taking the car apart and then putting it back with all the trims & lights off. I can't imagine it being easier on later model BMW's. I tried to install LED blinkers on my E70, I gave up. To replace the amber reflectors, you pretty much have to take apart that side including removal of the wheel.. Kudos to those guys, that bimmer looked amazing in orange with black roof.
I would never do this myself, lol. Yes, it is easily removable. I bought my car, so I don't really have to worry about leasing. My buddy is an expert in this. He restores cars for a hobby as well. As long as you get it done by a professional, it's not problem at all. I'm a hands on kinda guy and enjoy learning to do things myself. Before my X5, I never even knew how to jump a car properly or where to access the headlights and turn signals before ...you just have to start somewhere. Now I find a lot of these things really easy to do. If you asked me what a resistor harness for HIDs was a few weeks ago, I would have been like . Also, majority of the things I answer or explain to people on the forums is through simply reading and searching for info . After I understand it properly, I post it to help. I've become much more knowledgeable on the forums due to all of you members for which I am grateful.