View Single Post
      02-02-2015, 09:37 PM   #74
paicapo
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, F15 X5 M-sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by opasha View Post
Highest setting is 7 for both, 8 is the lowest setting for both. He's going to hurt his engine at some point from all the racechip threads I've read on multiple cars all over the world in different country forums etc . I advise against it. Our F15 seems to be built very tough, so I guess his engine is able to take a beating for a while - that CEL will creep up eventually once the cold goes away.

paicapo, be careful, my friend. I don't want you to regret anything.
I have talked whit racechip Germany many times now about the settings and tolerance of the fuel pressure etc and they have confirmed that all the settings RC have been tested on the particular model and are whit good margins inside the tolerance of the cars engine etc. I haven't heard of a tune company yet that sell a tune whit a setting that will bust the car. My car is find have been monitoring sensor reads etc and all is well I think people are making to much of this tune like it's going to brake the turbo or something, it's a piggyback not a flash tune whit higher psi etc and at the most maybe it will cause slightly early fatigue on some parts like the high pressure pump in about 15 years. I bet you @opasha a beer that I won't get a CEL before September this year. I'm going over to Virginia beach in October so you better have a cold one ready
Appreciate 4