View Single Post
      02-04-2015, 06:21 PM   #102
CERS 1
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 x5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by paicapo View Post
I'm sorry but your post is ridiculous and it's how false rumors starts.
Never intended for false rumors to start. Seemed innocuous when I posted it, but perhaps I should have put j/k after the Dinan tune comment. Or perhaps I should have asked if I missed something in the post. I saw the "S1/S2 comment and detonation in the same sentence" and off I went typing.

BTW, I’m awaiting my Race Chip Ultimate for my 50i so I’m certainly not knocking a piggy back tune as far as $:HP ratio's are concerned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 42pilot View Post
opasha and paicapo are right - the pictures are not the result of anyone's tune but mine, over the years. The builds - mechanical - were fine and worked well. My intent was to show you what kind of damage can be done, why the damage occurred, and show your vehicle can still run, even with the damage.
I’m glad you posted and that our motors are so resilient. Once I re-read I see you referenced “like S1/S2” not to say that it was S1/S2 settings. My mistake. Whew… needed a flame suit for that one.

Anyway, since you are a SME how much room do the stock parts have for mods? For example, say injector duty?

As I understand it (…and I know I’ll get corrected if I’m wrong) the RaceChip enhances the fuel map as a means to make more power. Even at the aggressive settings, which are placed in the hands of consumers, is there risk/evidence of maxing the duty cycle or running overly rich, etc..?
Appreciate 2