View Single Post
      09-20-2014, 12:25 PM   #88
opasha
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramsal View Post
Just getting all the pieces in place in preparation for some coding. Where can I download the EDIABAS.INI as mentioned in the step by step coding guide, is it still necessary?

What about the batch (.bat) files that April 1 makes reference to, are they required too? Given that the software versions mentioned in that guide are quite old i'm curious if the installation process has changed at all for the newest versions or if I need to get all the same versions as mentioned in the guide.

I'm want to make sure that I don't screw anything up. Thanks.
You don't need it. EDIABAS is an old diagnostic tool...ESYS has a built in diagnostic tool for clearing codes now. There is no .bat file to worry about. That was just info regarding if you have a patchless token solution; Eli (token master) gives you a .jar file and a .est file. You have to edit that Esys.bat from that location using NotePad (windows text application with turquoise icon) and then just edit it so that it points to the right location of where that .jar is located). Most however get the patched token so all you need is the .est token file and just direct the folder location to it and that's it.

@ramsal, if you run into any difficulty, PM me.