View Single Post
      03-02-2016, 01:37 AM   #85
F15GorDe
Well versed in the care and feeding of BMWs
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15d, F10

^^^^Sorry to read of your displeasure with your dream ride.

I cannot underscore how important the choice of the correct suspension for ones needs is. You need to know before you choose just about all of the other variables that exist. Yes DHP is one of the pricier options, but it goes to ALL that is the safety as well as pleasure you will experience with a ride that we hope to have and enjoy for a long time. I couldn't afford to check off all of the option boxes available when I ordered my X. I prioritized exactly what our needs were and budgeted accordingly. Having researched and learned from the valuable experience of the forum members on this forum the ride I have I'm very happy with. It is truly unfortunate that too many, not all, dealers do not make available vehicles with DHP available for comparison purposes. That's where this forum really shines.

There are more than a few forum members who couragesly admitted they made a mistake by not making their choice of suspension the first item on their "must have" list. I'm unaware of anyone regretting having chosen DHP for their suspension needs.

Please take advantage of ALL of the combined experience available on this forum for the purpose of understanding what each choice entails. BMW does a better job of making available just about any combination anyone might need for their specific situation. There is just too much money wasted when someone ultimately doesn't understand why some choices need to be carefully considered more than others.

End of rant.