Drives: F90 M5 / F15 50i

Garage List
2020 BMW M5  [10.00]
2014 X5 50i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuSh View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by c63er View Post
I don't have experience with either of these cars so I was hoping for some sage advice.

From a styling and practicality point of view I like both equally as well, but there are surely hundreds of other factors which I am not considering which many of you with more experience can share their opinions on?

Both cars would be around the same mileage of about 50k miles.

Reliability is a critical factor in the decision, but I don't automatically assume the newer f15 is any more or any less reliable.

Thanks for any opinions and all factors in the decision are welcome.
I researched similar question for n63 vs n63tu and the answer is that yes, indeed n63tu is a basically new engine - they share very few common parts. n63tu was upgraded starting from oil pan and ending at engine cover - basically it was completely re-engineered. There's a list of extensive changes that were made to address all issues n63 had.
S63 is a bit different, but it was upgraded later in similar manner, added valvetronic and many many other things. It was overhauled basically.
So my vote is that 2015 50i is a safer bet from these two cars. It's also more safer structurally, has better safety specs if that's even important for you

Dynamics wise - tuned f15 50i will beat stock 12' x5m

Also, just drive them and you'll see that there's night and day difference in interior, comfort etc - there's a huge gap between those 2 cars

2015 will also have factory warranty remaining, tho not much but still a factor to consider
No warranty if they're both over 50k but he said around which is why I asked about warranty
'14 X5 50i (wife’s now)
Appreciate 1
DuSh2112.50