View Single Post
      08-14-2017, 01:49 PM   #9
Polo08816
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuSh View Post
I researched similar question for n63 vs n63tu and the answer is that yes, indeed n63tu is a basically new engine - they share very few common parts. n63tu was upgraded starting from oil pan and ending at engine cover - basically it was completely re-engineered. There's a list of extensive changes that were made to address all issues n63 had.
S63 is a bit different, but it was upgraded later in similar manner, added valvetronic and many many other things. It was overhauled basically.
So my vote is that 2015 50i is a safer bet from these two cars. It's also more safer structurally, has better safety specs if that's even important for you

Dynamics wise - tuned f15 50i will beat stock 12' x5m

Also, just drive them and you'll see that there's night and day difference in interior, comfort etc - there's a huge gap between those 2 cars

2015 will also have factory warranty remaining,especially if it's a CPO (then you'll get warranty till 2020) tho not much but still a factor to consider

Let me put it this way: 15' 50i will only need suspension upgrade (too soft stock suspension) to come on top in every imaginable way compared to 12' x5m
Would it be feel "too soft" with the ZDH (Dynamic Handling Package) option? I take it the ZDH option does not change the spring rate?
Appreciate 0