05-24-2016, 08:35 AM   #10
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G09 XM, G05 X5 40, 991.2 T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbera335
Maybe I watched a different video. In California it is legal to split lanes with a motorcycle. It seems to me the poster cut the first bike off when he changed lanes. He should of waited to let them pass and then changed lanes. I understand bikes are smaller and harder to see but because you have the lane splitting law, an unsafe law in my opinion, you must be hyper vigilant. Also, I think the second bike was out of line smacking the mirror. That was uncalled for.
Maybe you watched a different video.
It is legal for bikers to lane splitting in California.
If you watched my video again, I have turned on my signal light way before even they were visible from my view. And when they appear, I was midway completing my lane change and even completed my lane change when the first rider passed me.
And also, I have my blinker on the whole time. Unless they are illegal rider who doesn't know the road signs and/or car indicators, then they shouldn't even ride. They should've slowed down when they see someone is doing a lane change.
A car has more blind spots than motorcycle. A car has limited maneuverability than motorcycle. A car will take more distance to stop than a motorcycle. That's a simple physic difference berween the two. Bikers should understand it and respect the law of physic. Because lastly, a car can hurt you more than a bike can hurt you when unfortunate things happened.
Active Autowerke • KW • H&R • Ohlins • Remus • and more...
Appreciate 0